Blogging has become a new age career with brands constantly looking out to bloggers for promotion. Young teenagers look upto fashion bloggers for style queries and inspiration. More so, some of the readers start their own blog for the freebies. Yes, I agree that there are perks to being a fashion blogger but, they are a lot of cons to being a fashion blogger too. After a satisfactory venting session with fellow Vlogger Santoshi Shetty of The Styledge, I decided to list down some of the problems blogger face :
1. Can't shoot outdoors when it is raining.
2. Cops shoo you away as soon as they see a DSLR assuming you are a terrorist.
3. Fake Facebook and Instagram accounts with your pictures.
4. PR Emails. The worst!
5. In exchange of a blogpost we will offer you a "Token of appreciation" with Vouchers.
6. A breakout/falling sick the night before your shoot.
7. If you purchase something, your readers think that you've received them for free. No, we did not start a blog for the freebies.
8.Too many blogger meet up events in a day.
9. People don’t consider blogging as a profession.
10. Go shopping with friends and get called over to the changing room every five seconds to give your expert opinion about how they look.
These are just a few problems that fashion bloggers face. If you are a blogger I would love to go through your blog so just comment with your name and blog name :)
P.S. If you haven't watched The Styledge on Youtube yet, you are missing out on a hell lot of fashion! So make sure you hit that subscribe button! ;)